During sign up, you’ll be prompted to link an account, but if you missed that step or want to change your linked bank account, here’s how:
- Visit the Profile tab in our app and click on “Money”
- Under “Linked account”, click “Link account” or “Change linked account”
- Select your bank or credit union.
- Use your bank's login info to securely connect your bank account to Roost.
Hints for connecting your checking account
- Search. If you don't see your bank in our list, try the search option instead. If your bank or credit union is too small, there’s a chance we might not support it.
- Connect direct. If your login doesn’t seem to be working, you can also connect directly to your bank using your bank’s routing number and your account number. To verify that you have access to the bank account, we will transfer a small amount of money into that account and later ask you to verify that amount. This is to ensure that we are compliant with governing laws and other regulatory stuff.
- Make sure it's in your name. You can't link to someone else's account.
- Nope. Heads up! We don't support investment, prepaid or savings accounts.
- Help. If all else fails, shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protect your Roost account
You know that saying that some things are best kept to yourself? We give it five stars when it comes to any app log in credentials, including Roost’s. Your Roost account contains private and bank info, so for your sake, please don’t share it. And just one user per Roost account. (Make your friends or roomies get their own!)
Having trouble connecting your bank account?
Double check you didn’t accidentally make a mistake (20% percent of log in errors are actually just a single letter typo—we do it all the time). Still not working? Head on over to your bank's website or bank app and try entering the username and password there.
Need more help?
No problem. Just shoot us a note.